通知公告 | 南京大学建筑与城市规划学院 2023年度准聘长聘教师岗位招聘公告
Faculty Recruitment, Call for Tenure-Track/Tenured Positions in 2023,
School of Architecture and Urban Planning, Nanjing University
About the School
The School of Architecture and Urban Planning, Nanjing University, consists of Department of Architecture and Department of Urban Planning. The Department of Architecture has a solid base in innovative theory and research-based design, carrying out cutting-edge research and teaching in the emerging fields of urbanism, digital architecture and sustainable architecture. Department of Urban Planning is based upon the strong cluster of urban sciences in Nanjing University, fosters a cross-disciplinary research and teaching towards urban and regional planning. The School offers Doctor of Engineering in Architecture, Doctor of Engineering in Urban-rural Planning, Master of Science in Architecture, Master of Science in Urban-rural Planning. The School currently has 65 full-time faculty members, including 21 Professors and 22 Associate Professors, all of whom have educational and working experience in leading universities inland and/or abroad, and excellence in design and practice.
The School seeks excellent young talents interested in teaching and research in architecture and urban-rural planning. This academic year it drafts place of invite applications for 4 tenure-track positions, including 2 positions at the rank of Assistant Professor and Associate Professor in architecture, 1 for each; 2 positions at the rank of Assistant Professor and Associate Professor in urban-rural planning, also 1 for each. Special excellent high-level talents will be discussed separately.
The applicant should
(1) Abide by the laws and regulations of the People's Republic of China and enthusiastic of teaching and scientific research;
(2) Good teaching ethics, adhere to academic ethics, work diligently, and have no criminal record or punishment record for violating teaching ethics and academic ethics;
(3) Outstanding academic background, i.e., PhD in architecture or urban Planning or relevant disciplines, from top universities inland and/or abroad. Tenure-track Assistant Professor should, in principle, have more than 2 years of teaching or scientific research experience in first-class universities or research institutions inland and/or abroad. Tenure-track Associate Professor should, in principle, have more than 5 years of teaching or scientific research experience in first-class universities or research institutions inland and/or abroad;
(4) Excellent teaching abilities: be competent in the core basic courses and frontier courses of the discipline, good pedagogy, and good presentation skills;
(5) Demonstrate outstanding research output and potential: the applicant should have publications in his/her field of research, original ideas about relevant fields of research, a clear vision about future research plans, and good potential for further academic development;
(6) Healthy and competent for the job.
Application Materials Required
(1) Application for position（Specifying the position and the direction you are applying for）
(2) CV, including publication list
(3) Representative achievements and innovations (no more than 3 pages) ,additional supporting materials can be attached
(4) Research plans and research potential(no more than 3 pages) ,additional supporting materials can be attached
(5) Three letters of recommendation(Generally from your doctoral tutor, academic director of your current employer, and a well-known scholar in the field)
(6) Teaching experience (no more than 3 pages) ,additional supporting materials can be attached
Compensation Package and Support
A successful applicant will be provided with:
(1) Implement the annual salary system (the details shall be agreed separately)
(2) Scientific research start-up funds
(3) Postgraduate enrollment
(4) The School provides short-term turnover housing and housing subsidies. Employees are allowed to purchase the commercial housing provided by the School at a preferential price
(5) Provide assistance in addressing children's attendance at primary and secondary schools
Application deadline: May 7th, 2023
The application period will be extended appropriately if the number of the applicants for single postition is relatively small.
Tel.: 025-83593020 (Ms. Yuan)